Monday, September 21, 2015

Find Someone Who...

Today in class, we had our second lecture day. It was rough. I forgot my calculator, so that was my first mistake. We learned how to calculate the number of protons, neutrons, and electrons in an element and its isotopes as well. At the end of the lecture, we broke off and completed a worksheet where we had to find someone who knew the answers to the questions asked on the sheet. All of the topics were review, but I realized I hadn't retained much information from the first lecture, but I readily knew the information we learned today. It was a wake-up call to start reviewing for the upcoming quiz on Wednesday, which will contain some items for review. I think doing the cumulative review is a great idea because that way, we are constantly reviewing and retaining the information that we need to know for the final. In this link HERE, you can see the documented benefits of using cumulative review.

1 comment:

  1. I relate to this blog 100%. On the first day of our lecture I had absolutely no idea what was going on. But then after doing the lab we did the other day I feel like I retained a lot of the information that was taught to us during the lecture. One of the things that I remembered during our "Find Someone Who" activity was Rutherfords model and how he discovered the nucleus.

    ReplyDelete