Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Changes Activity

Last Wednesday, we went into the lab stations and completed a fun, yet challenging activity to reinforce what we had learned in the lecture just a few minutes before. We were told to go to each of the eight stations and solve each substance with the already given elements, solutions, and mixtures in their specified column. I really enjoyed science in middle school and we had worked with chemical and physical changes frequently, so this came as sort of second nature to me. It was also a great idea to immediately review the topic covered, especially in a creative way, using common objects and using the help of a partner of our choosing.

Below you can find a few of the stations we had to go through and attempt to solve:




3 comments:

  1. I agree that this activity was a good way to enforce the lecture just before this. It wasn't difficult, but it still enforced the lesson we had just learned effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this activity was a good way to enforce the lecture just before this. It wasn't difficult, but it still enforced the lesson we had just learned effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also posted on this topic because I felt that it was a great way to determine if we understood the lesson. I sometimes struggled when deciding if a mixture was heterogeneous or homogeneous, so I then knew that I should focus on those points when studying.

    ReplyDelete