Monday, November 9, 2015

Lab Disappointment With a Hint of Reassurance

Today, my lab partner and I attempted to complete the pre-lab question in order to get into the "Formula of a Hydrate Lab". My part of the question was fairly simple since it was just explaining what LD50 meant, which is 50% of the lethal dose of the given substance. Hamming's part was much more complicated as he had to complete the conversions for the lab and identify the chemical formula used in the lab. We ended up not passing the pre-lab and were not able to complete the lab, and we were fed data. Although sad, we were able to practice the conversions and I was very pleased that I knew what I was doing with that and got the correct answer. This whole thing was very good practice for our quiz tomorrow that will prove to be challenging because we will have a lot of conversions to complete in not a substantial amount of time. I will need to make sure to review polyatomics and naming in order to feel confident going into the quiz tomorrow!

Below you will see a quick review of these polyatomic ions we need to know:

4 comments:

  1. I actually got to do the lab, and I feel like it helped me understand everything better. But I also did the practice problems, and I thought those helped way more. The numbers and application with the math really simplifies the physical lab part. And thanks for putting the polyatomics on here. I totally forgot one or two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your picure of polyatomics. It reminded me how much I need to review them for the unit test tomorrow. I think I know most or all of the formulas, but I really need to review the charges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Polyatomics chart. This will be very useful in the future.

    ReplyDelete