Monday, November 30, 2015

Lab of Epic Proportions

We did a lab a little while ago, but I forgot to post about it so here we go. After passing the pre-lab quiz, which wasn't too complicated this time, but involved predicting the products in a reaction, Hamming and I set off to the lab station. We were to combine 2 reactants in a well plate and watch the reaction occur and record which ones formed a product and which ones didn't. Many of them didn't have reactions, but some of the reactions were pretty cool. In order to complete the rest of the lab, we had to complete the net ionic equations that reflected the outcome of each reaction that DID occur. Doing this was good practice for doing this type of problem, which will definitely be on our unit test Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. I agree gilian, the lab was pretty cool. I only struggled with after predicting the products in the reactions trying to balance them and then get the net equation. I often times trip up because i forget the silly charges, so this lab definatley helped reinforce those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this lab was fun; however, I had a lot of difficulty forming their net ionic equations and determining which ones reactions would occur. Hopefully with more practice I will become better and faster at this.

    ReplyDelete