Friday, November 13, 2015

Preparing for the Unit Test Monday

In preparation for our test on Monday, I really need to review the information more than usual. I also need to complete the rest of the suggested homework because my quiz score reflected my lack of core knowledge on this unit despite my studying. I think I will get together with some friends in a sort of study session fashion and bounce ideas off of each other so we can all have a better understanding of this unit. I tend to find that other peers know how to put the information into terms and ways that I am able to easily understand. I will also make sure to look over my notes from previous lectures in this unit and from other units to help me remember those concepts for the cumulative review. Overall, the quiz we took this week was a wake-up call for me to realize that I need to know the unit inside and out in order to achieve better scores on the test and remember the information for the final.

11 comments:

  1. I didn't realize all the benefits of group studying! I always have someone quiz me on the basic concepts, but maybe I need to grab a friend and start studying with someone else too. I also thought the quiz was a wake up call. There were a couple problems I wasn't sure how to work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the quiz was a wakeup call for me. I felt like I had a decent understanding of the knowledge, enough to pass the quiz at least, but I was proven wrong. After seeing my grade from the quiz, I was much more motivated to do the suggested homework in order to fully understand the information from this unit. Also, I found your link regarding study sessions to be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the quiz was a wake up call for me but at the same time I studied soooo much for this test and still did not have a good understanding of it. I don't know if it was just because we had to do a lot of math problems in a short amount of time but I found both the test and quiz to be very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also got together with some friends and studied because I agree that it does broaden your perspective and possibly see it in a new way. However, even after all my studying, I do not feel that I did well on this test. It is definitely an indicator that I need to practice and study a little more next unit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt somewhat rushed and flustered during the test today. I studied and watched videos to recap my mind but some of the simple things got me. I think this woke me up too! I need to go above and beyond if i want to achieve want I want in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree this quiz was a wake up call however I did not find the test to be any easier. I like studying with others too! unfortunately Kayla and I had little success with group studying and I think we will try a little harder next time. That is assuming my parents let me out of the house after this test grade goes in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with how it was a wake up call. This test made me realize that chemistry isn't a class that you can let up with. You must know everything and have a great understanding of the subjects we are learning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes I also agree that it was a wake up call. I did not do very well on the test, and it really shows me that I need to step up my game!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gillian,I had not thought of doing the rest of the suggested hoework along with studying but that is a great idea I am definatly going to try! I agree the past few test have been a wake up call, but maybe this will help.

    ReplyDelete