Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Preparation for the Unit Test... Again

In order to improve my unit test score, I printed out some practice tests from schoology and completed them with a friend constantly comparing answers and making sure that each of us knew exactly what was going on in each reaction. I feel pretty prepared for the test, more so than the last unit test. A friend also helped me put together a review sheet that highlighted the main points of the unit and listed the polyatomic ions, which now, I feel like a have a solid grasp on finally. I feel that the labs which covered the balancing and predicting of chemical reactions played a big part in the continuous review process. As the year has been progressing, I'm getting more and more used to a test or quiz each week, and even though they are a total pain, they are effective in letting students know exactly what they need to focus on to be better the next assessment. 

I also made use of the always reliable Crash Course Chemistry videos especially this one below discussing redox reactions:
Image result for crash course chemistry chemical reactions

3 comments:

  1. I think that it is a great idea to make review sheets. I hadn't thought of doing that until you mentioned it. It would be a great way to see what you remember rather than just trying to study the notes you've already taken. Thanks for this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use these crash course videos too; they're so good at explaining things simply and giving real examples! I also agree that although the quizes and tests are hard, they help us evaluate where we are and what we need to focus on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the video! It really furthers my understanding of redox reactions!

    ReplyDelete