Monday, December 14, 2015

Lab Day 3 Calculations

Ok. Today was the last day to finish up our Copper lab which, I thought was one of the more fun labs we've done so far this year. We made sure to measure the mass of both the baby food jar and the nail again so that we could subtract those masses from our previous calculations. From that we needed to calculate these things: data table, theoretical yield, actual yield, percent yield, and be able to determine which iron ion was formed.

This is what we found in our jar when we came back to the lab today:

2 comments:

  1. I really liked the link that you posted. I was a tiny bit confused so I figured that I would come and check out some peoples blogs and try to find some helpful hints, and you provided one. Thank you for your dedication to internet resources.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the link that you posted, and I agree that this was one of the more interesting labs that we've done this year. It was interesting to see the seemingly large amount of rust that was formed over such a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete